Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's Tags Now
 
I just love tags!  But I always struggle with making them.  However, I think I lucked out this time.  Lucky for me, other people create wonderful art.  And then they produce it for retail sale so that I can purchase the use of it.  I still struggle with putting it together, it's a process of one step at a time over a few days.  Just to make one tag!

Life Is Good
7gypsies paper, Tim Holtz stamps, unknown stamps.
 
Beautiful
7gypsies paper, woman image from a stamping magazine, Hampton Art alphabet stamps, various other unknown stamps.
 
Back of Beautiful
7gypsies paper, Tim Holtz rubber stamps and other unknown stamps.
 
Dance
7gypsies paper, Tim Holtz Stamp, unknown stamps.
 
And then they came to a screeching halt!  I continued to have some starter ideas, but further inspiration for those eludes me.  They now sit aside waiting for what comes next with them.  It will come...eventually.
 
 xxx
Annie
 
 
 

14 comments:

Karen said...

Those are beautiful! I would be fine receiving just the tag, no gift :)

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a wonderful idea. These are beautiful. I can't imagine how you do these. You are a true artist!

Ramona said...

I like them all but #3 especially. What an inspiring statement. Also love your crow line....you know me and the black birds!

Carol Swift said...

I have all the ingredients to make tags and have attempted a few. Yours are beautiful, so I won't be showing off mine anytime soon. LOL

Lins Artyblobs said...

All your efforts paid off, they are great tags!

sheila 77 said...

Your TAGarts have a unique quality. All four here are so full of interest, especially mine. Have you thought you are doing the same with paper as the great art quilters do with purchased fabric, i.e. using designs from other artists to make a very special design of your own.

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh. Annie. Seriously, I am in awe. In SUCH a good way.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

So beautiful Annie!

waggonswest said...

Fabulous. I love every one of them.

carol said...

Like I've said before, no one can get bored watching you work. There is something new all the time! How fun! Just think of all the inspiration you give....amazing!

Snoodles said...

Love the quote on the back of "Beautiful"....that's inspiring! Great job, Annie!

bohemiannie! art said...

They're just wonderful as they are! I come and go with tags. Well...with everything, but when I get around to making one...I usually work assembly line and crank out a few. So what doesn't work on one...might fit on another. Yep...I'm rambling.

Createology said...

Annie your tags are wonderful. I can completely understand the need to let them speak to you as to what they need. Some things just need to take a little time. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

Carol Q said...

I know that feeling - you get half through and come to a grinding halt. love what you've made so far though.