Sunday, May 4, 2014

Note Pad Jacket

 I've had the best opportunity to decorate this cute notepad jacket.  Ingeborg (flickr) has made lots of these notebooks and invited me to swap art with her.  She sent me the orange painted base paper sheet and the notepad for inside.
 
 
When I got some new rubber stamps in the mail, I knew right away I wanted them on my new notepad.  So, a little bit of stamping, some washi tape (on the binding fold), a bit of purple ink, a length of Perle cotton, a brad and some evening play time and DONE!  So FUN! 
 
I don't know if I'll ever actually use it for notes, but I LOVE having it decorate my desk! 
 
Ingeborg's art package to me included this notepad she made for me.  (The colors are much more vivid in real)
 
I was thrilled!  And so excited to have the basic beginnings to make my own.  I think these pads are so awesome.  Being the recipient of one, I can say first hand it's a great little gift idea.
 
I love having both these pads to decorate my desk!  I think my post-it note pad needs a jacket too.  I also think the tri-fold with the cord wrap would make a great unique greeting card.  hmmm, I might try that next.  Oh, the joy of inspiration!
 
xoxo
Annie
 
 


11 comments:

sheila 77 said...

Lovely to see your new stamps and inspiration. Notebooks are great for having for yourself but also for gifts - who doesn't love a little notebook? especially one decorated like this. I like how you use washi tape too, it always looks great on the roll but sometimes looks a bit too much bits-of-tapey, but not here.

Judy D in WA said...

How great is this! You should make another one--just for practice of course--to keep in you purse for your lists. How much fun would it be to take that out in the store and just show it off a bit. :)
"Excuse me, I need to check my list in my fabulously decorated notebook."
Again, Amazing!

Tera Callihan said...

Oh so pretty!! I love your note book as well as your inspiration piece... I'm loving your new stamps and how you'd placed them all together! I can only imagine all of the lovely works of are lining your desk!

ellen gets crafty said...

Too cool!! Some items are so special, it's hard to actually use them - just seeing them makes you happy.

tink's mom said...

very cool notebooks. wonderful inspiration to have great you on your desk.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Wow, I love yours! I would never use it either. You have such a way of pulling things together. I now see a whole new world of inspiration and projects heading your way!

Beezus said...

That is so much fun! I've been trying to do my scrapbook from my trip to Egypt and you are my inspiration. You have skills with paper that are beyond me!

carol said...

I bet you could sell them somewhere, they're so neat. Now, just to think of where????

Renee said...

Love the notebook! The colors are gorgeous, fun stamps too.

Sandy said...

Hey Sugar! Your note pad front and back covers are wonderful - what a great gift and I am sure Ingeborg will love it!
sandy xx

Createology said...

These would make excellent gifts that are mailable too. I hope you share more of these as you create them. Creative NotePad Bliss...