Monday, February 13, 2017

Valentine Mail Art

For me, it is such a joy to collect the day's mail and find some mail art from a dear one to wipe away the disappointment of junk mail and bills.  So I love making that happen for others.  Not to mention that it's the best excuse to keep playing!


This card is my favorite.  The photo doesn't really show its 3-D appearance using pop dots and beads.  I made an envelope from old paper I never seem to choose for anything.




This postcard was fun to create off-the-cuff.  Why can't I remember to take a photo BEFORE I address the mail??? 




This art postcard got made because I wanted to try that idea of adding an h and an e to the "follow your art" rubber stamp.  I found a piece of cardstock that I had played with awhile back for  a water coloring technique.  


I've decided I love creating Valentines as much as I love creating Halloween art.  Well, at least this year anyway.  

Happy Valentine's Day!
xxx
Annie

9 comments:

sheila 77 said...

These are all terrific, Annie, I've been scrolling up and down admiring each one. The hearts banner is great with its fancy string and beads, and I do love the envelope you've made with all the little hearts, so the postman can have a Valentine envelope to admire before he delivers it. The one after the envelope is fabulously grungy, all the scribbly bits are fun and I can only imagine how you stamped the double colour heart (stamping being a dark art to me). And the pinks and blacks in the third one - it's all just so much goodness in one post.
Top class.

Renee said...

I love them all but especially the first one!

Sandy said...

Talent always shines through and you are talented. I love this mail art and will have to steal an idea or two for my art journal. You know that imitation is the biggest form of flattery!
Love this whole post Annie!!
Sandy xx

Tera Callihan said...

WOW! These are all awesome!!! My favorite is also the 3d one. I love the white embossing on the hearts. The envelope is also cute! Of course the other are fricken awesome too, but you to know at postcards so I'm not surprised! Lol

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Ooooooooh now you're just spoiling us lesser mortals with your blinding mail art talents....I love them ALL ;)
Hugs
Donna xx

jenclair said...

I don't think I can add much to what has already been said! Each one is a tiny masterpiece, and I can't decide which one I like best. :O

peggy gatto said...

Great sample of designs, lovely cards!

Dortesjs said...

great cards

Createology said...

As always I am late to the Valentine's Art party. Love your cards and envelopes and postcards. I really love how you added "He" to ART. I usually write it in my comments as HeArt. We are having crazy daily weather here...<3