Saturday, February 11, 2017

Vintage Romance

This week at the Sunday Postcard Art challenge, we are challenged to create a VINTAGE ROMANCE themed postcard.


I hadn't intended to play as the notice came up a bit late for me.  But I was working on a birthday card and thought the background I made would work well for an art card.

I don't normally take process photos as I never know whether it will be a waste of my time.  I took some this time since it was my second try at this background.


I started with these two scrapbook papers.


Then I die cut these two background pieces.


Then a tiny bit of stenciling and little bit of rubber stamping and gluing and ink tinting and I suddenly realized I had a vintage romance postcard.


I had to stamp the correspondence side with my vintage Private Mailing Card rubber stamp.


Happy Mail Day!
xxx
Annie  

14 comments:

Mandy Chilvers said...

so delicate. love this.

jenclair said...

Beautiful work! I have the same heart stamp collection, but not your ability to design a card. Love the Private Mailing Card stamp!

Renee said...

Lovely postcard! Love the colors, the background was worth the effort.

Tera Callihan said...

Very pretty! Love the added touch of the "vintage mailing card stamp"

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Very lovely Annie. Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Carol said...

I love seeing your progress pics. The end result is gorgeous!!!

sirkkis said...

A great vintahe card and I love the quotes. I agree them.
Have a happy Valentine's Day 💕

Deann said...

Gorgeous work a lovely postcard...and great words.

Sandy said...

Happy Mail day to you too Annie - so much fun to see what you are up to and how you do what you do. Fantastic background!
Sandy xx

sheila 77 said...

This is very welcome, Annie, a process post. I would rather like to see more of these. I always admire your art and now admire how you take these individual pieces and colours and put them together to make this super-vintage postcard. Ink tinting - oho - the way you have coloured the lady is so delicately done and the way you use colour is tremendous.
And now other mystery is solved - you have your very own postcard back stamp.

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Ooooh lush and I'm sooooo happy we have the same set of stamps too.....I can be a little nearer in spirit to the great artiste called Annie that way ;)
Hugs
Donna xx

Cindy McMath said...

Wonderful postcard Annie! I love the muted colours you've used, and the images and words are perfect for the theme.

Deb said...

Gorgeous postcard Annie, love the layers and that beautiful stamp, happy Valentine's Day! Deb xo

Stacy M.S. said...

love rocks, indeed!
wow how talented. love your techniques.